Christmas is in the air...

It's been two weeks since our last post and I apologize for that. I just love this time of year, Riley's Birthday, Thanksgiving, Gabe's Birthday, Jim's Birthday, Mom's here and, of course, Christmas, New Year's... it is the craziest two months of the year, every year, but I love it!
We are fully decorated... lights surround the house each night, the Christmas tree is beautiful thanks to Riley's help (after all, he does insist that a beautiful tree for Santa means he will leave more presents!).
I've done a little baking, the easy things... fudge, chex mix, seasoned oyster crackers... I plan to do more...Last year my grandma taught me how to make her "Magic Carpet Cookies" and I just can't wait to try them again this year. I won't get her help as she can't make it down this year, but I will be thinking of her the whole time. I'll also make the usual candy coated pretzels, just love them!
I've got the Christmas cards out...one more thing off the list!
My shopping is about 1/2 done. I like to focus first on all the items that need to be shipped, then move onto the people that will be here with us for Christmas. I just have two more boxes to ship and I'm good there.
Tonight I just finished the annual calendars I make for Jim and the Grandmas. I NEVER finish them this early, in fact, last year Jim didn't get his until about January 15th! I'm pretty proud that I have finished them on time this year. Just another thing to check off the list!
Tomorrow night we celebrate Gabe's birthday. My wonderful "little" brother is turning a BIG THREE - OHHH.... My goodness, how time flies... I remember when he was the little 6 year old pain in my 10 year old behind. Every year I make him whatever he wants for dinner and this year, it's taco pizza. A favorite for all of us here in AZ that can't get a glorious Happy Joe's Taco Pizza! I'm also going to make him a carrot cake, his favorite. I'm even going to attempt to make it without a box mix... that's a first for me... wish me luck, I hope it turns out good, I'de hate to turn him against his favorite :)
I got to talk with my wonderful sister-in-law, Theresa, for about 2 hours tonight. It's so rare anymore for us to be able to do that, afterall, she does have 5 kids to attend to! It's great when we can just talk and talk about anything and everything. I miss her terribly and can't wait to see them when they come to visit at the end of the month.
Love to all...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there with you all in over-eating taco pizza!!! jess...you do make the best. those pictures of riley are pretty cute. give him a big hug for me.